Materials science webinar campaigns are a great channel to engage new audiences and generate leads. Over the last 12 months, AZoMaterials has hosted various events for companies working in materials science, and there are now 30+ webinar categories on AZoM, many of which rank on the first page of Google.
This blog will highlight what’s new with our materials science webinar campaigns and what’s included if you select us as your webinar partner.
Webinar attendee experience
The attendee experience is crucial to the success of a webinar because it can impact engagement, retention, and future participation.
A positive experience increases brand loyalty, while a negative one can result in disengagement and poor reviews.
Ensuring a positive attendee experience starts with registration and lasts through to the post-event emails.
The two areas where we focus on ensuring an excellent webinar experience are the registration touchpoints and the event itself.
Registration touchpoints include all your communications once someone has signed up for your event. Below is an example of a typical plan.
The design of these touchpoints aims to provide clear communication on how to join the live session or access the on-demand webinar, resulting in a higher rate of attendees and unique viewers.
A good event experience starts during the promotion phase.
Think about communicating clear and concise information about the webinar beforehand, including the topic, date, time, and any technical requirements, so your audience knows what to expect. Then, ensure you meet those expectations during your webinar.
Don't miss a moment when it comes to engaging your audience. Most attendees will log into the event a few minutes beforehand, so use the waiting room to play a video about the content, provide more information about the speakers, show the agenda, or do anything else that can build anticipation before you go live.
Other practical considerations are to use high-quality audio and visual equipment during the event to ensure clear communication and visibility, plan engaging content, and encourage participation through interactive tools.
Webinars provide an excellent platform for you to learn more about the pain points and collect valuable data on your audience. Our updated platform makes it easier than ever for you to do this.
Typically we gather market intelligence at three stages; pre-event, during the event, and post-event.
- Bespoke registration questions - segment your audience during registration to understand their needs and tailor the content and event communications to each individual.
During the event:
- Q&A - gain specific insights into the main pain points of your audience and answer them live during your event.
- Polls - engage attendees and encourage participation whilst gathering feedback and insights from attendees on the specific webinar topic.
- Handouts - provide additional resources related to the topic so your audience can become more immersed in your content.
- Engagement - monitor the length of time your audience attended and how engaged they were during the event.
- Calls to Action - lead your attendees to another key piece of content or straight into a breakout room with an in-event CTA.
- Survey - gather feedback to improve future webinars, identify areas of strengths and weaknesses, and better understand your audience's needs and preferences.
- Event rating - obtain a rating out of 5 to understand an attendee's overall webinar experience. Use the score to benchmark for future events.
These data points are recorded in our state-of-the-art analytics platform so that you can easily identify potential sales-qualified leads and plan the next steps for your marketing-qualified leads.
During the on-demand phase of your campaign, you can continue to collect all of the above data points, so it is important to have a clear promotional plan once the event has finished.
Social Media Promotion for Materials Science Webinars
We now create three graphics and two post-event video snippets to help promote your webinars. Once created, we share them with our Materials Science communities on LinkedIn and Twitter and send you the original files so you can share them on your channels too.
As part of the campaign, we will design for you:
- 1. Still event graphic - main event details
- 2. A social GIF - main event details in an eye-catching format
- 3. LinkedIn Carousel - key learning objectives and speaker information
- 4. Webinar snippet video - highlights a key point from the webinar and links back to the full recording
You can either share the original posts to your company/personal channels, or we can share the files with you so you can post yourselves.
Email promotion for Materials Science Webinars
During the planning phase, we will ask you for details of your target audience. Using this info, we will search our 1 million subscribers to develop an ultra-targeted bespoke customized email audience.
This audience will then be invited to your webinar.
>>>View Our Materials Science Audience<<<
Depending on your webinar topic, we will likely have a suitable newsletter fit - there are currently 100+ regular newsletters - and if we do, we will include a graphic, event description, and link to your webinar in the newsletter(s) too.
On-demand / post-event promotion
The focus for the on-demand promotion is two-fold. Firstly we want to get as many original registrants to watch the content at least once.
Typically, anywhere from 30 - 50% of registrants will attend live, so a thorough on-demand promotion helps get more people who didn’t attend live to watch on-demand.
Secondly, we aim to add completely new sign-ups.
In 2022, we saw a 13% increase in new sign-ups after the live webinar date.
If the content is evergreen - which is often the case for webinars - then driving new sign-ups throughout the 12 months is an important way to get more return on your investment.
Reporting and expected results
Our comprehensive webinar reporting gives you everything you need to plan your next steps. The video below explains what you can expect.
The results of your webinar will depend on your goals and the subject matter, but the below stats should help provide a guide for expected results:
Latest 2022 benchmark stats* - Materials Science webinars with AZoM / AZoNetwork
- Total sign-ups: 315
- Attended live: 97
- Watched on-demand: 43
- New sign-ups (post-event): +13%
- Average event rating: 4.5 out of 5
*Stats as of April 2023, majority of campaigns are still running
Everything mentioned above - production, promotion, and reporting are included in our standard webinar package!
The above should give you an overview of the results you can expect from working with us. If you’d like to learn more, you can see more examples of materials science webinars here or click the link below to discuss your webinar plans with our team.