Whatever your marketing role, season 3 of the Marketing Science Podcast covers topics that will get you thinking about your marketing strategy and provide you with tips to support you in your day-to-day role and in your career.
Here are some of the highlights below.
Episode 1: Women in Engineering
We started season 3 of the Marketing Science Podcast on Women in Engineering Day.
Dr Susan Scurlock MBE, Chief Executive & Founder of Primary Engineer is joining us to discuss how her organisation, and the engineers that she partners with, are inspiring the next generation of young engineers. Listen below.
- The story of Primary Engineer
- Diversity in engineering
- Marketing engineering as a career path
- Relationships with organisations and their engineers
- Engineers getting involved with your projects in schools
Episode 2: 1-person Marketing Band
Hal Collier, lead marketer at International Gas Detectors, joined Franky to discuss how he has grown the marketing department from the ground up. Hal also touches on the challenges of being a one person marketing band. Listen below.
- SEO strategy
- Growing brand awareness
- Social media strategy (with a focus on LinkedIn)
- Educational content
- Marketing tools
Episode 3: Demand generation
Sam Kuehnle, director of demand generation at Refine Labs, joined Danny to discuss strategies behind generating demand, the importance of having a deep knowledge of your audience and much much more.
- Lead Generation v Demand Generation
- Getting to know your customers
- B2B social media strategy
- Discussing new marketing initiatives with the C-Suite
- The future of B2B marketing
Episode 4: Social Media for Science
Sara, Franky and Danny answer audience questions and discuss social media strategies that can support your business. Listen below.
- Social Media Content Creation
- Building a personal brand on social media
- LinkedIn advertising strategies
Episode 5: Neuromarketing
Katie Hart joined Danny to discuss Neuromarketing in the latest episode of the Marketing Science Podcast.
Katie is an acclaimed international speaker, trainer and researcher in the exciting new field of Neuromarketing.
- The Science behind neuromarketing
- The techniques used in neuromarketing
- The applications of neuromarketing in a B2B environment
- Better understanding our customers
Episode 6: The Social CEO
Damian is the author of the book, 'The Social CEO' and shared a number of great anecdotes from his experience of putting the book together.
- Why CEOs should consider getting on Social Media
- How social media / marketing managers can work together with senior leaders to develop an effective social media strategy
- Wider benefits of being active on Social Media, including: attracting the best talent, internal comms,etc.
- Examples from CEOs in manufacturing and healthcare
Episode 7: Personal Branding
Lina is a Digital Marketing Specialist at Dassault Systèmes and a content creator and personal branding expert on LinkedIn. In this episode, she shares advice on how to create a positive first impression online and how to navigate your personal accounts.
- Why you should work on your Social Media personal branding.
- The pros and cons of companies allowing their employees to develop their personal networks (spoiler: there aren't many cons!).
- Tips and advice on how to grow your personal LinkedIn account and to cause a positive first impression.
- Discussions on what format of content works and what does not.
Episode 8: Search Engine Optimization for Science
Ben Stibbs-Eaton is our in-house SEO Copywriting expert and is currently seeking representation for his first novel. In this episode, he shares interesting insigths and tips on how to better position your keywords.
- Why SEO should be a fundamental piece of your Marketing.
- Google's current E-A-T algorithm.
- Why featured snippets are so important and how to get one.
- Finding the balance between writing for your readers and writing for SEO
- Fantasy novels and why the Lord of The Rings movie adaptations are not too bad.
- Discussions on what actually constitutes a Scouser.
Episode 9: Relationship Marketing
Emma Provost Honeybone joined Danny to discuss Relationship Marketing in the latest episode of the Marketing Science Podcast.
Packed full of great tips for marketers throughout, Emma finishes the episode by stating, "Go and be a hero in your business." This episode will show you just how you can do that.
- Short and long-term strategies
- The role of relationship marketing in your campaigns
- Managing online events throughout the cycle
- Importance of effectively managing internal comms
- Relationship marketing in the 'Zoom' era
Episode 10: B2B (re)Branding
Sara Stella Lattanzio joined Danny to discuss B2B branding in the latest episode of the Marketing Science Podcast.
Packed full of great tips for marketers throughout, Sara not only passionately talks about the importance of B2B branding but also shares her experiences of managing a full company rebrand.
- B2B Branding
- Difference between a brand refresh and a full rebrand
- When is it time for a rebrand?
- How to manage a company rebrand
- Redeveloping your website
Season 3 has seen a host of marketing experts sharing their ideas and experiences with the #MarketingScience community. We hope that you've enjoyed listening and got some value from our guests.
The line up for Season 4 of The Marketing Science Podcast will be announced on LinkedIn very soon. Follow our company page for the latest announcements.
Have you enjoyed listening to the podcast?
If you've got some value from the podcast and enjoyed listening then please consider leaving a review. Currently you can only do this if you listen on Apple Podcasts. Just click the link below.
If you listen on another podcast provider then please consider sharing this page on LinkedIn or with a colleague who would benefit too.
Want to be on the Marketing Science Podcast? We are always looking for guests who can share an interesting story and value to our listeners. If that sounds like you, then get in touch by contacting Danny on LinkedIn.
Thanks for listening.
Would you like to Record a Scientific Podcast?
Ask about podcast production